*

I looked at the face, at the shape of the jaw and curve of the forehead; I looked at the mouth of the mother of the girl whose mouth I couldn’t get enough of kissing. I looked and I looked; but while I saw similarities (the forehead, the set of the eyes), while I could understand that other people might take them for mother and daughter, it didn’t work for me. I couldn’t see that Gillian was going to turn into Mme Wyatt. It was completely improbable, and for one simple reason: Gillian wasn’t going to turn into anyone else. She would change, of course. I’m not so silly and in love that I don’t know that. She would change, but she wouldn’t change into someone else, she would change into another version of herself. And I would be there to see it happen.

Talking it Over.
Julian Barnes.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

¡Dejame tu comentario!